Cloud is the gateway to modernization and Hyperconverged Infrastructure has a key role to play. Organisations that develop a smart cloud strategy around digital transformation, cost savings and new business models are set to survive and thrive. At ProCloud we work with our clients to find the best solution for them. Solutions that specifically address their challenges, drive efficiencies and ensure their organization is future ready.
KEY CHALLENGES IN THE CURRENT IT ENVIRONMENT
- The need for speed and efficiency. Organisations are required to deliver services faster than ever before. The demand comes from both external and internal sources. This puts increasing pressure on already stretched IT resources.
- The need to deploy, manage and support a growing volume of data and applications. This means that data centre architecture requires total transformation
- Legacy environments impede efficient deployment of new technologies. New technologies can reduce the pressure on existing IT teams. However these fail to be adopted as so much time is applied to managing the existing environment.
- Increased demands on IT teams time. IT is increasingly the incubator for business innovation and digital transformation. If an IT team is under pressure managing legacy infrastructure, the opportunities to develop, qualify and deploy improvements are not realised.
HOW DO THESE CHALLENGES IMPACT BUSINESS?
Traditional Data Centre infrastructure is no longer fit for purpose in today’s virtualised environment. Integrating multiple devices from a variety of remote and on-premise locations is not practical. Integrating new systems and applications also adds an unnecessary burden on IT resources.
Relying on an aging environment places significant pressure on IT resources. A significant percentage of IT time is spent managing the legacy environment and this legacy technology hinders the ability to take advantage of cost savings.
WHY HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE OFFERS THE BEST SOLUTION
Hyperconverged is the most agile form of future-ready infrastructure. In essence, it is a single box you can plug in, replacing the traditional three tier architecture of server, storage and networking. Using a block-based system, Hyperconverged Infrastructure can be designed to specifically meet your organisations needs. It offers you a simple, reliable and highly flexible approach to architecture which can be scaled at the speed your organization requires.
HOW HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE WORKS
Hyperconverged combines software-defined storage and compute with networking on a single server. This drastically reduces the data centre footprint. Management is simplified on a single integrated platform.
Hyperconverged Infrastructure uses standard software to create distributed building blocks, clustered together and managed using familiar virtualization tools and automation policies.
Starting with a single box, it can be scaled piece by piece, node by node. This means you can scale one block or box at a time.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HYPERCONVERGED INFRASTRUCTURE
- Simpler, lighter and more scalable
- Most agile form of Infrastructure
- Reduces Datacentre footprint
- Storage needs and I/O demands are managed with powerful compression and deduplication.
- Resilient data replication and offsite backup keeps the virtual environment operational
- This consolidated solution saves on traditional storage and compute costs
- Increases efficiency and productivity while reducing costs
Choosing the right IT services provider ensures you develop the best solution for your organisation. At ProCloud our team combine innovation and execution across strategy, consulting and technology. We provide the strategic agility to make value led transformation a reality for your business. Get in touch if you want to learn more about how can help you find and maintain your competitive edge.