The Technical Account Manager delivers technical solutions and support to customers allowing them to maximize their investment in cloud technology. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success supporting the Technical and Operating environments for the clients they serve.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, Technical Account Managers will work with customers in:
- The diagnosing and resolving of technical issues primarily around Microsoft’s solution areas.
- Communicating with clients to quickly get to the root of their issues
- Talking clients through a series of actions to resolve an issue
- Providing timely and accurate client feedback
- Following up with clients to ensure issues are resolved to their satisfaction
- Installing and configuring new solutions both in the public cloud and on-premise
- Responsible for the overall relationship and satisfaction of assigned clients
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Strong understanding of computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
- Experience in technical support, desktop support or a similar role
- Proficiency in Windows, Microsoft 365 and related Microsoft technologies
- Experience with security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve issues
- Installing and configuring hardware and software solutions
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving skills
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and troubleshooting issues
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
- Although not essential, applicants with Industry certifications relating to key vendors such as Microsoft, HPE, Cisco, IBM, VMware etc. is advantageous
Project Experience Types/Qualities
- Minimum 2 years system support within an IT environment as part of responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years support of highly distributed users (i.e. having responsibility for ensuring availability, reliability, security )
- 2 years of experience in “support” on premise computing equipment (Desktops, Printers, Firewalls, Network Switches etc.)
- Relevant experience of Cloud Computing technologies such as Microsoft 365, Azure Cloud, Microsoft Teams etc.
- Microsoft 365, Microsoft Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, Hyper-V, Windows Server, Networking, Wireless Technologies, VoIP, Security