The IT Infrastructure Specialist will deliver technical solutions and support to our customers allowing them to maximize their investment in Information technology. The ideal candidate will have experience in customer facing roles and success implementing and supporting technology-based solutions.
Building upon solid IT project experience relative to their level, the successful candidate will work with customers in:
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality Infrastructure solutions and technologies in diverse client environments.
- Provide operational and technical support to existing clients both remotely and onsite
- The design and development of integrated solutions using the latest IT products and
- Implementing hybrid cloud-based solutions
- Delivery of High quality engagements around HP Enterprise technologies
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field preferred.
- Understanding of IT computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends such as Hybrid Cloud, Hyperconverged Infrastructure, VDI etc.
- Deep technical experience in infrastructure including server, storage, cloud, networking, virtualisation and security.
- Understanding of how to install and configure appropriate software and functions according to specifications
- Experience with HP Enterprise, VMware and Microsoft technologies
- Experience with security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve technical issues
- Building Customer/Partner Relationships
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through
- Collaboration skills with a high degree of comfort working with both internal and external audiences
- Prior work experience in a Service delivery and support position within a software and/or services company
- Problem-solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Although not essential, applicants with Industry certifications relating to key vendors such as Microsoft, HPE, Cisco, VMware, IBM etc. is advantageous
Project Experience (Types/Qualities)
- 3-5 years system support within an IT environment as part of responsibilities
- 3-5 years of design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed users (i.e. having responsibility for ensuring availability, reliability, security )
- 3-5 years of experience in “support” on premise infrastructure workloads
- 3-5 years of success in IT deployment projects (where necessary, managing various stakeholder relationships to get consensus on solution/projects
- Server, Storage, Networking, Hyper-V, VMWare, System Center, SAN, firewalls, Windows Server, Wireless Technologies, Hyperconverged, Microsoft Azure